12/20 Gen-I NOW: Grow Your Musical Talents as an LA Orchestra Fellow!
Ran annim! – Hello in the Chuukese language (Micronesia)!
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about the Los Angeles Orchestra Fellowship.
The Los Angeles Orchestra Fellowship is a two-year in-residence program that prepares students from underrepresented communities for professional auditions through intensive individual coaching and mentorship, arts leadership courses, mock auditions, rehearsals and performances. Fellows will be mentored in chamber and orchestral performance and gain invaluable experience while training and playing alongside Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra musicians faculty at USC Thornton School of Music, as well as guest artists.
Applications are due onDecember 31, 2017. Click here to apply now!
- Demonstrate an exceptionally high degree of musicianship;
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree in music by the start of the fellowship;
- Be able to commit to a two-year orchestra training fellowship August 2018-June 2020; and
- Have not participated in any fellowship program in the last five years.
- 2-3 Letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (250 words maximum)
- $25 application fee (waived if participating at Sphinx Con)
- College transcripts
In accepting an appointment, the fellow will be expected to devote full-time effort to the learning, rehearsing, performance, and preparation of the program, and to be in residence in Los Angeles except for approved absences.
Questions? Email email@example.com