3/6 Gen-I NOW: CNAY and Columbia University Scholarship
The Center for Native American Youth, in partnership with Columbia University’s Summer Immersion Program for High School Students, offers one full-tuition, residential scholarship for a Native student to attend a 3-week pre-college program during summer 2019 in New York City.
The CNAY-Columbia scholarship covers the cost of housing, tuition, weekday meals, coursework materials, and other required student services. The estimated value of the scholarship is over $10,000.
Application Deadline: March 8, 2019 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian;
- In grades 9-12 or entering their first year of college in Fall 2019; and
- At least 15 years old by the start of the program.
Complete the online scholar application which includes the following materials:
- Proof of tribal enrollment or descendance;
- High school transcript (unofficial transcripts accepted);
- Explanation of curriculum selection (one paragraph); and
- Response to an essay prompt (750-word maximum)
Recommendation Form #1. This form should be submitted by a guidance counselor, principal, or headmaster commenting on the student’s intellectual ability, level of maturity, and motivation for participating in the Columbia University Summer Program for High School Students.
- For Rising Junior-Seniors – This form must be submitted by an instructor who teaches in a field closely related to the applicant’s chosen curricular option. The form should describe the student’s knowledge of that field and assess the student’s qualification to engage in concentrated study.
- For Rising Freshmen-Sophomores – This form must be submitted by any instructor familiar with the student’s work. The form should describe the student’s academic talents and potential to benefit from the experience at Columbia.
For more information on the scholarship, visit http://www.cnay.org/blog/2019-cnay-columbia-scholarship.
Contact Joshua Bertalotto at email@example.com with any questions.