5/8 Gen-I NOW: CNAY and Brown University’s Scholarship
The Center for Native American Youth at The Aspen Institute (CNAY) has partnered with Brown University Pre-College Programs to award full-tuition, residential scholarships for two Native students to attend a Brown University Pre-College program during summer 2019. The CNAY-Brown Summer Scholarship covers tuition, room and board, application fees, and program fees.
CNAY-Brown Scholars have three summer program options to choose from: Summer at Brown, the Brown Leadership Institute, and the Brown Environmental Leadership Lab (BELL) at Rhode Island. All programs take place on or near Brown’s campus in Providence, Rhode Island.
All CNAY-Brown application materials are due at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Sunday, May 12, 2019. CNAY will notify all applicants of their final application status by May 20, 2019.
Applicants for the CNAY-Brown Summer Scholarship must meet all the following criteria. CNAY cannot make an exception to eligibility requirements.
- Must be currently enrolled in high school grades 9-12;
- Must identify as Indigenous and reside within the United States;
- Must demonstrate a connection to tribal culture and/or community; and
- Must be at least 15 years old by the start of the program.
A complete application includes all of the following materials, which must be submitted online to CNAY by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on Sunday, May 12, 2019.
- CNAY-Brown Summer Scholarship Application.
- Brief written responses to multiple prompts
- Resume (optional)
- 2 reference contacts
- Transcript (unofficial transcripts acceptable)
Please visit the CNAY-Brown Blog on the CNAY website for more information.
Contact Joshua Bertalotto at email@example.com with any questions.