6/13 Gen-I NOW: Dartmouth Indigenous Fly-In Program
Kwai! Hello! in the Abenaki language
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about the Dartmouth Fall Indigenous Fly-In Program.
Dartmouth College’s Fall Indigenous Fly-In Program brings prospective students to Hanover, New Hampshire, to experience Dartmouth first-hand. Also known as the Native American Community Program, the fly-in takes place October 7-10, 2018. Participants meet Dartmouth student mentors and faculty, connect with Native leaders at Dartmouth, attend classes and admissions workshops, tour the campus, learn about financial aid, and enjoy an on-campus dinner with current Native students. The program covers transportation to and from campus for accepted participants. Applications are due Monday, July 9, 2018.
Eligibility: Applicants must have demonstrated interest in Native community and/or Native American Studies.
- Fill out the online application which includes:
- Basic demographic and household information;
- Academic information including standardized test scores; and
- Two (2) essay responses about your academic resilience and commitment to the Native community.
- Email a letter of recommendation and resume to ￼firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request that your high school submit a transcript directly to email@example.com.
Questions? Call 1-800-860-1294 and press 6 (9:00 am – 4:30pm Eastern Time) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.