6/20 Gen-I NOW: NB3 Youth App Contest
Yá’át’ééh! Greetings! in the Navajo language
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about the Notah Begay III Foundation’s Healthy Kids! Healthy Futures! National Youth App Contest.
The Notah Begay III Foundation is hosting a national competition for Native youth to design a mobile app focused on improving the health and nutrition of Native youth. The contest challenges tech-savvy youth from across Indian Country to think creatively, culturally, and digitally about their diet, nutrition, exercise, and fitness. The top 3 contestants will receive cash prizes of $1,000, $500, and $250. The 1st place winner will also work with NB3 and Cultivating Coders to further develop the app for market.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be a member of a federally or state-recognized tribe;
- Be between the ages of 13 and 18 years old;
- Have minimal coding experience; and
- Have access to computer science and/or coding support and resources.
The app must address childhood healthy weight through physical activity and/or nutrition. Individual and team contestants are eligible.
To Apply: Complete the online application and submit:
- Logo cover page, home page content, description of app, and video or illustration of app;
- Signed Minor Consent Form; and
- Signed and notarized Eligibility Affidavit.
Questions? Contact Simone Duran at email@example.com or 505-867-0775 ext. 102.