CNAY Champions for Change Application
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about the 2018 Champions for Change application.
The Center for Native American Youth‘s
Champions for Change (CFC) program is designed to recognize positive youth-led efforts, share stories of inspiration, and help young leaders develop their advocacy
skills. The CFC program gives Native youth a national platform to:
- Educate new stakeholders about the challenges and strengths of Native communities,
- Lift up youth perspectives on the issues they find most important,
- Celebrate their innovative ideas and hard work to tackle tough issues, and
- Receive support and encouragement to help them grow as strong leaders and advocates.
Apply today or share the application with other young Native leaders in your network! All application materials must be submitted by Friday, November 10, 2017.
Champions for Change are:
- Youth who identify as American Indian, Alaska Native, and/or Native Hawaiian
- Between the ages of 14 and 23 years old,
- Individuals who demonstrate leadership and service within their urban or reservation-based tribal communities.
- Youth Application
- Adult Recommendation Form #1
- Adult Recommendation Form #2
- Peer Recommendation Form