Summer HIV/AIDS Research Program (SHARP)
The Summer HIV/AIDS Research Program (SHARP) is a 12-week paid summer internship based in San Francisco, California. The program is designed to inspire students from underrepresented communities to pursue further studies and careers in public health-oriented clinical, socio-behavioral, and community-focused research. Students will gain hands-on experience, receive one-on-one mentoring, explore career options in scientific research and public health, participate in workshops and seminars, and learn how to conduct research responsibly. Travel stipends are available for out-of-state scholars.
Applications are due at 5 pm Pacific Standard Time on Friday,March 2, 2018 . Click here to apply!
Eligibility: Ideal candidates must be:
- Interested in conducting research that addresses health disparities;
- Legally eligible to work in the US; and
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, or have graduated in the last 2 years.
- Native American/Alaska Native, African American, Latinos/Latinas, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ+ are strongly encouraged
To Apply: Complete the online application and include the following:
- Completed SHARP Statement of Interest (short essay);
- Transcripts from colleges/universities (unofficial accepted); and
- Two Recommendations – one from a professor and one from an academic advisor or work supervisor.