RSVP: Gen-I Summer Youth Reception
The Center for Native American Youth (CNAY) and AT&T Center for Indigenous Politics and Policy at George Washington University will host the third annual Gen-I Native Youth Summer Networking Reception on Wednesday, July 18. Click here to RSVP
Each year, this event connects DC-based Native youth, ages 14-24, with other local indigenous youth and professionals. Recognizing the significant number of Native youth who complete summer internships and other programs in Washington, DC, CNAY created this reception to help these young people strengthen their networks and networking skills. Attendees hear from a variety of young indigenous professionals from diverse areas career pathways, gaining valuable insights for their own journeys.
On Wednesday, former Senator Byron Dorgan
, CNAY Founder and Chair, will offer opening remarks, and the keynote address will be delivered by Sedelta Oosahwee
, Senior Liaison for the National Education Association.
Featured speed-networking guests include:
- Elizabeth Rule, Assistant Professor, AT&T Center for Indigenous Politics and Policy;
- Keith Martinez, Communications Specialist, National Indian Gaming Commission;
- Naomi Miguel, Staff Assistant, Congressman Raul M. Grijalva;
- Joaquin Gallegos, Legal Fellow, Senate Committee on Indian Affairs, Office of the Vice Chairman; and
- Katie Brossy, Senior Counsel at Akin Gump Strauss & Feld, LLP.
Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 PM Eastern Time
Location: 3rd Floor Grand Ballroom
George Washington University
800 21st Street NW, Washington, DC 20052