Summer Position: Historic Preservation Intern in Sterling, VA!
Interested in preserving national parks and historic sites? Apply to be a Historic Preservation Intern with the American Conservation Experience!
American Conservation Experience, a Non-Profit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the National Park Service and Bureau of Ocean Energy Management is seeking ONE Historic Preservation Intern interested in dedicating 10 weeks (from June 5 through August 11, 2017) in support of the National Park Service. Visit the Emerging Professionals Internship Corps websitefor a detailed explanation of the internship position.
- Compensation: $400/week, $640 relocation allowance
- Location: Sterling, VA / Housing: Park housing is not available, but housing costs will be covered by American Conservation Experience.
- AmeriCorps: This position may be eligible for a 300 hour AmeriCorps Education Award ($1,221.96) upon successful completion of the term.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their skills and experience through their resume and application and be in pursuit of or have a 4-year degree in history, anthropology, cultural resource management, archaeology, public history, or relevant field. A passion for cultural resource management work is required for this position.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident
- Intern must be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Ability to undergo a federal criminal history check
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Familiarity with the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 and the National Register of Historic Places