5th Annual Native Youth Food and Agriculture Leadership Summit
The 2018 Native Youth in Food in Agriculture Leadership Summit is an annual conference hosted by
University of Arkansas School of Law that gives Native
youth the opportunity to gain a better understanding of of food and agriculture production
and policy.During the Summit, youth will
have the opportunity to connect with experts in
food and agriculture , as well as learn the skills necessary to be the next generation of leaders in the field. This year’s dates are June 7-14 (includes travel), andall food, lodging, instructional materials and field trip costs will be provided. Some travel scholarships are available .
Deadline to apply is March 15, 2018 11:59 CT!Click hereto apply!
Eligibility:Interested applicants must be…
- American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian;
- Between the ages of 15-18 (recent high school graduates accepted);
- Passionate about food and agriculture and production;and
- Have the passion to lead tribes and communities.
To Apply:Fill out the online application form.
Applicants must be prepared to answer what experience they have and what knowledge they hope to gain by attending the Summit in the following subjects:
- Agricultural Business and Finance;
- Conservation Practices and Planning for Agricultural Production;
- Agricultural & Food Law and Policy; and
- Nutrition and Health.