Native Voices Rising Grants
The Native Voices Rising Fund (NVR) is an innovative community-guided grantmaking collaborative designed to support organizing, advocacy and voter engagement
in American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian communities. The 2018 NVR grant pool is now open for both donors and potential grantees. This
grant provides $10,000 for general operating support to strengthen Native-led organizations that are improving Native lives through organizing and
advocacy. Previous grantees have focused on a wide range of issues including human and civil rights, reproductive justice, environmental health, and
sacred sites protection. Applications are due by midnight, August 3.
APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY: Interested organizations must:
- Be an organization based in the United States
- Be based in and serving a Native community or population;
- Have a strong set of leaders and board members comprised of 51% Native Americans;
- Have a leadership development or political education program for Native community members;
- Engage Native community members in determining program priorities and focus;
- Engage a significant number of community members to take collective action to address community issues; and
- Have IRS 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt status, 7871 Designation or a fiscal sponsor who does. Click here for a complete list of eligibility information.
TO APPLY: Submit an online application to Common Counsel Foundation.
QUESTIONS? Email Laura@commoncounsel.org.