Tribal Stewards members spend 12 weeks camping, working and traveling together as a six person team. You can expect to work on physically challenging conservation projects in many kinds of weather, gaining hands on experience in the groundwork of stewardship. Each day, you will return to camp after work and participate in community activities, including meal prep, water collection and treatment, and tool maintenance, followed by a family style dinner. Evenings will be spent on various educational and recreational activities; including formal lessons taught by team members, group discussions, and stargazing around the campfire.
– Projects take place with the Pacific Crest Trail Association in Mt. Jefferson Wilderness near Warm Spring, OR.
– Participants will earn a living allowance of $3,630 for their term of service, prorated throughout the program.
– $2,215 AmeriCorps Education Award upon the successful completion of the program.
– All crew meals, tent lodging and transportation (except to/from NYC HQ included.
– This program begins and ends at NYC offices in Eugene, OR.
– Tribal Stewards participants must be between 19 and 24 years of age at the start of the program.