10/23 Gen-I NOW: Future Leaders Climate Change Summit
The inaugural Future Leaders’ Climate Summit will gather ~100 young and diverse leaders from around the US for three days to discuss climate policy, communications, advocacy, and individual action with climate and energy experts. The Future Leaders will work with these experts to develop ideas and recommendations for wicked problems facing their communities today, from mitigating climate change, to adapting to extreme weather impacts, to preparing for a rapidly changing world that likely will include more political unrest, forced migration, and security issues. The Future Leaders will form work pods to develop local action plans and make pledges to go back to their communities and engage with local elected officials, educate their community, and provoke action.
Deadline to Apply is November 22, 2019.
- Be between the ages of 18-30; and
- Have demonstrated interest in climate change and sustainability issues.
How to Apply: Go here, and
- Provide your personal information;
- Answer 4 short essay questions (150 words max); and
- 1 longer essay question (300 words max).
Questions? Visit here and submit a question.