3/13 Gen-I NOW: South Central Climate Science Center Undergraduate Summer Internship
Klahowya! Hello! in Chinook Jargon (pronouncedklah-how-yah)
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about the South Central Climate Science Center’s 2018 Summer Undergraduate Internship for Underrepresented Minorities.
The South Central Climate Science Center is offering summer undergraduate internships to students of underrepresented minorities interested in STEM and passionate about climate change. Interns will be involved in hands-on activities and mini-projects related to climate research that allow them to see the direct impacts of climate variability and change across the country. As part of the internship, interns will travel across the south-central United States to visit university campuses and field locations. The internship dates are July 8-28, 2018, and all meals and lodging will be provided, as well as a $200 weekly stipend.
Deadline to apply is 5:00 PMCentral Time on March 16, 2018!
Eligibility:Interested applicants must…
- Reside in Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, or Texas;
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a 2 or 4-year institution for Fall 2018;
- Be 18 years or older by July 8, 2018;
- Have a valid social security number; and
- Have medical insurance during the period of the internship.
To Apply:Fill out the online application by March 16, and:
- Provide three references;
- Answer two short essays (250 words);
- Describe research/project/program work (150 words); and
- Describe working experience with others (150 words).
Questions? Email email@example.com