4/17 Gen-I NOW: 7th Annual Pathkeepers Native Youth Leadership Camp
Pathkeepers for Indigenous Knowledge will host the 7th Annual Native Youth Leadership Camp from Sunday, July 14, 2019 thru Sunday, July 21, 2019. The camp will be held at a horse farm in Culpeper, Virginia, which is about 70 miles southwest of Washington, D.C.
The camp will provide Native youth with opportunities to experience traditional and cultural activities, identify healthy and sustainable food and life choices, and understand how environmental and conservation sciences are reflected in our Native cultural knowledge and in our traditional uses of environmental resources. The camp will include a field trip to Washington, D.C. to tour and meet with federal agencies, Congressional staff, and White House officials related to Indian Affairs.
There is no fee to attend the camp. If parents or tribal communities can contribute, we ask for a donation of $100-$500 if your child is accepted to camp. There is a $10 application fee per youth. Pathkeepers will cover the costs of all meals, lodging, transportation during the Camp and supplies. Travel to and from the camp is not included.
- Be an enrolled tribal member, or able to prove direct descendancy from a Tribe.
- Must be between 11-17 years old
- Must pay the $10 application fee
Included in the application packet you will find the following forms, which must be mailed to Pathkeepers and post-marked by May 1, 2019. All forms are required, except, Campers have the option to submit letter(s) of recommendation from tribal leaders, teachers, elders, etc.
- Camp Application
- Emergency Contact and Medical Information
- Camper Essay Question
- Tribal Enrollment or Native Descendancy Form
- Release Form for Photos, Voice Recordings, and Video Images
- Release of Liability and Equine Waiver Form
- Camp Policies and Procedures Form
- Camp Application Fee, $10.00/youth (check/money order to “Pathkeepers for Indigenous Knowledge”)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation from tribal leaders, teachers, elders, etc. (optional)
For more information on the 7th Annual Pathkeepers Native Youth Leadership Camp, visit https://www.pathkeepers.org/copy-of-youth-camp-2019. Contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.