4/25: Gen-I NOW: National Native American Youth Initiative
Ch’ee-la! Hello! in the Siletz language
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about the National Native American Youth Initiative Summer Program.
The Association of American Indian Physician’s National Native American Youth Initiative (NNAYI)is a week-long intensive program that prepares and motivates high school students (ages 16-18) to pursue a career in healthcare or biomedical research. Students take part in lectures, interactive workshops, field trips, and networking with other AI/AN health professionals. The program takes place in Washington, D.C. from June 23 to July 1, 2018. Scholarships cover airfare, lodging, and most meals.
Applications are due April 30, 2018. Click here to apply!
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be high school sophomores, juniors, or seniors between the ages of 16 and 18 years old;
- Have an interest in the health field and/or biomedical research; and
- Commit to participating in every session.
To Apply: Access the application here and include the following materials:
- A one-page personal statement;
- Most recent academic transcript (official transcript preferred);
- One letter of recommendation;
- The Recommendation Checklist Form;
- A photograph; and
- A copy of Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) or other tribal affiliation documentation.
Questions? Contact Gary Lankford at (405) 946-7072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.