8/1 Gen-I NOW: #FreshTracksAction Midwest Leadership Training
Haé! Hello in the Seneca language.
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about the #FreshTracksAction Midwest Leadership Training in Chicago, Illinois.
Fresh Tracks brings youth from urban and Indigenous communities together during a three-day expedition, using the outdoors as a background for transformative leadership development. Youth will learn valuable organizing skills, create community action plans, and work with the Center for Native American Youth, along with partners from Children & Nature Network’s Natural Leaders and Opportunity Youth United, to make a lasting impact in their home communities. The third of four regional trainings will be held in Chicago, Illinois from August 10 -12 (including travel dates). Travel, lodging, and meals will be covered for selected participants.
Registration is due 12:00 pm Eastern Time on August 3rd.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Currently reside in the Midwest region of the US;
- Midwest states include Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 years old;
- Be able to participate in all program activities from August 10-12;
- Be interested in cross-cultural community building; and
- Have a desire to create change in their communities.
To Register: Complete the online registration form and be prepared to discuss what the following topics mean to you in brief, written responses (100-200 words):
- Civic engagement;
- Cultural competency;
- Hometown stewardship;
- Leadership; and
- The importance of connecting people with nature.
After registering, you will need to fill out a pre-survey in order for your transportation to be booked. Please remember to check your email to receive all pre-training materials.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (202) 736-3554.