9/17 Gen-I NOW: Indigi-Wellness Champion Campaign
The Indigi-Wellness Champion Campaign is a social media campaign consisting of two themes braided together by Native Youth for Native Youth to express health and wellness both #CultureIsPrevention and #ThisIsNative have been designed to create a community-wide movement to further develop the expression of resiliency and wellness by Native Youth and improve overall health for the next seven generations!
Join the conversation and become an Indigi-Wellness Champion by bringing awareness to take specific steps to change the conversation around suicide, initiate action for awareness around health and Indigi-Wellness, foster hope in the effort to reduce or eliminate suicide in their community, and promote Native Youth mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness.
What is an Indigi-Wellness Champion? A person who embraces their “Indigeneity” through…
- Inspiring Native Youth to choose healthy solutions
- Investing in positive change for mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health; and
- Promoting resilience and wellness to empower future generations
- Must be under 24 years of age.
How to Participate:
- Create a post and share photos of life, family, friends, hobbies as examples of ways you keep your Indigenous identity strong and what have you been doing to promote health and wellness in your community over the past 4 years.
- Answer 2 questions in your post: “What does it mean to be an Indigi-Wellness Champion?” and “How do you stay resilient in your community”?
- Ask other Native youth to join the movement in your post and ask them “What does it mean for you to be an Indigi-Wellness Champion?” and “How do you stay resilient in your community”?
- Share on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. Make sure that your social media post settings are public for NCUIH’s office to view your submission. *Always get parental permission before posting any content online (if under 18 years old). Include the Youth Council Campaign Logo & hashtags #ThisIsNative #CultureIsPrevention #NCUIH #NCUIHYC18. Create your post by using the YC’s two braided image representing both campaigns provided here: #ThisIsNative and #CultureIsPrevention.
- Submit your post at https://www.ncuih.org/indigiwellness before 11:59 PM September 30, 2019.