9/19 Gen-I NOW: Become a Champion for Change
Champions for Change recognizes Native American youth leaders who are making a positive impact in their communities. We select five Native youth from throughout the United States to share their stories on a national platform, receive tailored leadership and development opportunities, and grow their advocacy initiatives with our support. Champions receive an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, DC, where they network with high-level decision-makers, meet their congressional representatives, and get trained on how to best amplify their advocacy work.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 23 years old;
- Self-identify as American Indian, Alaska Native, and/or Native Hawaiian;
- Reside within the United States; and
- Demonstrate leadership and service within their communities.
To Apply: All the following materials must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM ET on November 9, 2018:
- Youth Application: share what inspires you, and tell us about the positive impact you’re making in your community;
- Two (2) Adult Recommendations from two different people familiar with your work and leadership; and
- One (1) Peer Recommendation form from a Native youth (under age 25) who can speak about your work and character.
Questions? Contact Nikki Pitre at
Nikki.Pitre@aspeninstitute.org or (202) 736-2905.