10/30 Gen-I NOW: WeRNative BRAVE Study
We R Native is doing a study to evaluate a text messaging program for American Indian and Alaska Native teens and young adults (15-24 years old). The videos and text messages are designed to improve healthy relationships, mental health and wellness skills, and promote cultural pride and resilience.
Participants should enroll before November 9, 2019.
Eligibility. Youth must be:
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- 15-24 years old
- Live in the United States
- Able to receive text messages on their phone
Please encourage students in your community to join the study by November 9th. We have two easy options for students to enroll:
- Eligible youth can enroll themselves by texting: BRAVE to 97779
- Tribal Schools and Colleges can enroll a larger group of students by showing a 15 minute video: https://youtu.be/mOXIi_FOB18. At the end of the video students will be instructed to text BEGIN to 97779, which will direct them to the pre-survey. Students will complete the pre-survey on their phones – approximately 10 minutes. (You will need: a video player, audio, and students will need their own cell phones.) Altogether, the session take 30-40 minutes.
What to Expect. Eligible youth will receive the text messages in the evenings. Participants will receive $40.00 for completing 4 surveys over 9 months.
Questions? If you have questions, you can contact Stephanie Craig Rushing at email@example.com.