5/9 Gen-I NOW: NCUIH Youth Council
Haku! Hello in the Chumash language.
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about the National Urban Indian Youth and Young Adult Advisory Council.
The National Council of Urban Indian Health (NCUIH) invites Native youth ages 18-24 from urban communities and surrounding areas to apply for the first-ever National Urban Indian Youth and Young Adult Advisory Council! Youth Council members will build leadership and professional development skills and train to promote mental health awareness among their peers while strengthening cultural connections and peer support. The five selected Youth Council members will receive sponsored registration, travel, lodging, and meals to participate in NCUIH’s 2018 Annual Leadership Conference, along with a modest stipend.
Eligibility: Applicants must be:
- American Indian/Alaska Native living in urban communities, off reservations;
- Between the ages of 18-24 years old;
- Available to attend an all-day in-person Youth Council orientation on June 29, 2018;
- Accessible by phone and e-mail; and
- Able to continue work on project related assignments.
To Apply: Complete the online application form and submit the following materials: