9/29 Gen-I NOW: FNDI Native Arts Initiative Grants
This Gen-I Native Opportunities Weekly (NOW) message shares information about First Nations Development Institute’s (FNDI) “Supporting Native Arts” Grants.
FNDI established the Native Arts Initiative (NAI) in 2014 to stimulate long-term perpetuation, proliferation and revitalization of artistic and cultural assets in Native communities. During this funding cycle, the NAI will distribute approximately 15 “Supporting Native Arts” grants of up to $32,000 each.
Grant applications are due by 5 pm Mountain Time on Thursday, October 19, 2017. Click here to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Native-controlled nonprofit organization or tribal government program located in one of the following areas:
- Upper Midwest (North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin)
- Southwest (New Mexico, Arizona and Southern California)
- Pacific Northwest (Oregon and Washington)
- Have existing program initiatives in place supporting Native artists and the field of traditional Native arts;
- Have demonstrated commitment to increasing intergenerational transfer of knowledge of traditional Native artistic practices; and
- Have demonstrated commitment to the perpetuation and proliferation of traditional Native arts.
To Apply: Click here to access the online application. Note that the following attachments must be uploaded during the online submission process:
- Tax-Status Documentation
- Project Timeline
- Description of Board of Directors
- Description of Key Leadership Staff
Questions? Contact Catherine Bryan at (303) 774-7836 or email@example.com.